Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 4, 2015

PHONING TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT


Today.this is one of the most useful expressions used at work, and there’ll be lots of
phrases that related to...Now, this time we’ll be looking at making arrangements…..such as
arranging appointments and booking flights and accommodation.



David:   Education Department.
Rachel:  Hi David, it’s Rachel.  Can I speak to Jenny please?
David:    Oh, hi Rachel, I’m sorry she’s on the other line right now, can I help?
Rachel:  Well actually I’m phoning to arrange an appointment.   She wanted to see
me about the schools project - towards the end of this week, I think she said.
David:    Okay, let me see … (consults the diary) .how about Thursday morning?
Rachel:  I can’t make it in the morning, I’m afraid.  I’m over at the other site.  Can
Jenny do the afternoon?
David:    No, she’s got a meeting for most of the afternoon.  What about Friday then?
Rachel:  Sure.  Some time in the morning?
David:    Yes, I think the best time would be about 11.
Rachel:  Fine by me.  So 11am this Friday.
David:    It’s in the diary Rachel.   See you then!
Rachel:  Will do. Thanks David, bye!



Explaination of me:

Right at the beginning, the caller said, I’m phoning to arrange an
appointment
….Now the first half of that sentence is a very useful phrase - I’m
phoning to ….you can use it in all sorts of contexts. I’m phoning to enquire
about something, I’m phoning to book a hotel room and in this case of
course I’m phoning to arrange an appointment. Arrange is a verb you’ll
often hear in this type of situation. You can arrange an appointment or arrange a
meeting. Anytime where two or more people come together arrange is a very
useful verb for you.

Well actually Rachel is phoning to arrange an appointment.   She wanted to see
me about the schools project - towards the end of this week, I think she said.

I can’t make it in the morning  it means like Rachel she is not free in the morning...
It’s in the diary Rachel  : mean that the appoint is already done!



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét